RE: out-of-band transformation information

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:58:56 -0500
To: "McBride, Brian" <brian.mcbride@hp.com>
Cc: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 16:20 +0100, McBride, Brian wrote:
[...]
> > I'd like someone to give this out-of-band transformation
> > stuff a separate name, since it's clearly not useful to
> > pretend the issue doesn't exist.
>
> I used to call it "3rd party transformations", I think.

To be more clear, I'd like more than a name/phrase. I'd
like to see a design document and a few test cases passed
by multiple implementations.

I'm sympathetic to expanding the scope of our use
cases document to cover the 3rd party case, but until
there is a design document and running code and test
cases, I want to set very low expectations about
whether GRDDL will handle those cases. Perhaps
a "future work" or "related work" section.

Another option is an ESW Wiki topic in the Grddl category.
http://esw.w3.org/topic/CategoryGrddl

Even if/when the design/test/implementation details
of the 3rd party case are worked out, I much prefer to
keep the name GRDDL for the follow-your-nose cases
and not mix it up with the 3rd-party case.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E