evaluating "raptor supports GRDDL" (#issue-conformance-labels)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:30:08 -0500
To: GRDDL Working Group <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

A new version of raptor is out...

"It parses the following syntax into RDF triples:
  RDF/XML, N-Triples, Turtle, GRDDL and RSS tag soup for many
  RSSes, Atom 0.3 and Atom 1.0."
-- ANNOUNCEMENT: Raptor RDF Parser Toolkit 1.4.13
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2006Oct/0118.html

raptor has had some GRDDL support for a while, but I think
it doesn't do some of the namespace document stuff; I seem
to recall that there are some existing tests that it doesn't
pass; perhaps xhtmlWithGrddlEnabledProfile ?

i.e. raptor support for GRDDL pre-dates... the Jan 2004
design changes...

"In Jan 2004, Dan Connolly integrated that draft into this one and sent
a message calling for review. Discussion with Tim Berners-Lee led to
generalizing from XHTML to all of XML and to indirection via
namespace/profile document."

I'd like to build the new raptor release from source and
run it against the GRDDL tests. But other people could
do that, and I have plenty of tasks that only I can do
on my plate, so I'm sending this in case somebody else
beats me to it.

This should inform our issue on conformance labels;
i.e. should we make a label for software like raptor
that will do GRDDL on one document, but won't recursively
follow namespace pointers?

http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#issue-conformance-labels

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E