RE: Spec suggestion: spell out serialization parsing context

From: McBride, Brian <brian.mcbride@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:48:50 -0000
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Chimezie Ogbuji" <ogbujic@bio.ri.ccf.org>, "GRDDL Working Group" <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

> If you can think of a test case where somebody could
> reasonably use same doc references in XSLT in a different way
> from the the way the tests say they work, I'd be interested.

I only just noticed the way this working.  My na´ve model of how this worked was that the XSLT produced an RDF/XML document and that same document references in that document would be references to RDF/XML document, not the source XML document.

I was surprised when I noticed what is actually happening.  Hence the suggestion that it be spelled out.

> It could come down to "reasonably"; i.e. indeed, the tests
> might say more than the main body of the spec guarantees, but
> the combination is enough to get GRDDL deployed in the Web.

Right.  And that's what we care about.  I'm still trying to figure out the art of not overspecifying in a first spec.

> This perhaps argues that we should make the test cases a
> normative part of the GRDDL REC.

Maybe.

Brian