RE: Atom to N3 XSLT for #issue-output-formats

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Dan Connolly wrote:
>> If the method is 'text' does this indicate that the output is definitely
>> n3/turtle or that it is some textual format and you have to have some
>> other means of determining which.

At the very least it effectively partitions the possible RDF concrete
syntaxes coming out of the transform to only a few (one if you collapse
turtle and n3) and it seems reasonable (IHMO) for a GRDDL agent to make an educated guess from that point
(one of which could be: yes, it probably is n3/turtle).

> That qname hook does look interesting.
>
> The GRDDL spec is currently silent (except for examples) on how
> you get from a hunk of XSLT to an algorithm that goes from
> XML nodesets to RDF graphs. It introduces "transform property"
> to relate them, but does not go as far as a normative reference
> to XSLT to say exactly how it works:
>
> [[
> If an information resource IR has a GRDDL transformation whose
> transformation property TP, applied to the XML root node from a
> representation of IR, gives an RDF Graph G, then G is a GRDDL result of
> IR.
> ]]

Well I think a simple normative reference (nothing more than a link even)
to the XSLT specification should suffice.  Really, how the
algorithm is 'applyied' should be referred to only (within
the appropriate location of the transformation algorithm spec: XSLT in this
case).  Otherwise, I would think it would be enough to say that the
result of the transformation must be a valid (syntactically) RDF Graph.
Although, you can infer that if it has to be 'an RDF Graph' then it must
be a syntactically valid RDF serialization.

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Cleveland Clinic Foundation