RE: Atom to N3 XSLT for #issue-output-formats

From: McBride, Brian <brian.mcbride@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:44:30 -0000
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "GRDDL Working Group" <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>, "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net>

Two novice points:

1. Checking the specs  on XSLT, I notice that xsl:output allows the
method to be text, xml, html or a qname.  We would not have to register
a mime-type to define a qname to indicate turtle.  I don't know what
implementations do if you use a qname - the spec doesn't say.

If the method is 'text' does this indicate that the output is definitely
n3/turtle or that it is some textual format and you have to have some
other means of determining which.

2. Where do we stand on multiple transform languages?  Not precluding or
actively enabling?  If actively enabling should we deal with how
non-xslt languages deal with multiple output formats.

I'm thinking we should keep things as simple as possible.

Brian