RE: The Steven King Example

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 10:39 +0000, McBride, Brian wrote:
[...]
> There is a buglet in the RDF because
> http://www.stephenking.com/pages/works/stand/ doesn't identify the
> novel.  This can be fixed by just dropping the URI giving instead ...
>
> [[
> <rdf:Description>
>   <dc:title>The Stand</dc:title>
>   <dc:creator>Stephen King</dc:creator>
>   <foaf:maker>
>     <foaf:Person>
>       <foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
>         rdf:resource="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King" />
>     </foaf:Person>
>   </foaf:maker>
>   <dc:format>Book</dc:format>
> </rdf:Description>
> ]]

That avoids some issues, but in this example, there are separate
transformations, glean_title.xsl and getAuthor.xsl . If we
don't use a URI for the work, I can't see a way to get the
two transformations to give properties of the same work.

Indeed, I do. Earlier, you wrote:

> This web page has
> considerably fewer words than a novel.

But consider http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/ ; it refers to
a resource that has a representation that has considerably fewer
words than the whole HTML 4 specification, and yet it is a URI
for the HTML 4 specification.

It seems perfectly reasonable to say
that http://www.stephenking.com/pages/works/stand/
identifies exactly the same work that has printed representations
in bookstores around the world.