Re: Hello world test case

On 16/11/2006 03:59, Dan Connolly wrote:
> I don't understand how that helps. Why is an example.org URI
> better than one from the test suite?

I'm suggesting that the triples produced should not rely on the URI of
the original HTML document - notice that http://example.org/books#stand
is within the HTML markup. Thus we would avoid having to decide the base
URI issue. Your stated goal in the telecon yesterday was to agree the
first, simple test case. We can't do that in its current form IMHO.

> And why introduce #stand? Why not a hashless URI? A book
> is clearly an information resource.

I dispute that completely but that is a distraction from the issue at
hand which is why I passed over it when you first made that claim
several weeks ago. I'm happy to discuss it in detail in a separate
thread. But really the choice of hash or slash URI has no bearing on
this issue.

> What ambiguity do you see? i.e. what is it that has two
> readings, and what are they?

Here's the result of my running the GRDDL transforms:

_:genid1 <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
<http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person> .
_:genid1 <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/isPrimaryTopicOf>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King> .
<file:///d:/tmp/stand.rdf> <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/maker> _:genid1 .
<file:///d:/tmp/stand.rdf> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title> "The
Stand" .

The subject URIs differ from those given in the expected test result
because we have not decided the base URI issue. I would like to make
this test deterministic and capable of running without human interpretation.

Ian