Re: GRDDL, XSLT 1, XSLT 2, and Javascript/ECMAscript

From: Ian Davis <ian.davis@talis.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:26:23 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: public-grddl-wg@w3.org, Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>

On 25/07/2006 17:38, Dan Connolly wrote:
> The transformation work I have seen for RDFa and for Atom/OWL is
> in XSLT2.

Embedded RDF uses XSLT1. I believe RDFa requires XSLT2 for the
namespace/qname handling. I'm not sure that Atom/OWL requires XSLT2 but
it was more a design choice by the developer to get N3 output out of the
stylesheet (IIRC!)

I'm interested in strategies for using GRDDL with HTML and I'm not
convinced that Tidy is always the right way to go. I worry about tags
being inferred or moved that may have meaning to the extracted RDF.

Ian