Re: Faithful Infoset (was RE: The xi namespace)

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:20:52 +0100
To: "McBride, Brian" <brian.mcbride@hp.com>
Cc: "Murray Maloney" <murray@muzmo.com>, public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

PS.

On 28/12/06, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com> wrote:

> Incidentally, I'm not entirely sure why we would want the constraint
> that the RDF rendition should only be an RDF representation of the
> intended meaning of the source document in its native form.

A WebArch-better way of putting this: that the GRDDL result is an
alternate representation of the resource represented by the source
document.

On reflection it does seem neater if it is, and I don't think it
negates the possibility of including material *about* the original
representation which doesn't appear in that doc (such as a CC
license). But this might not be consistent with Faithful Rendition as
it appears in the current draft.

Cheers,
Danny.
--