Re: GRDDL and non-XML HTML [was: Agenda ...]

From: Fabien Gandon <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:47:51 +0100
To: public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>

Dan Connolly:
> aka
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm#html_tidy_use_case

oops, sorry for the wrong link it is indeed:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm#html_tidy_use_case

Dan Connolly:
> I'm not sure I like having "scraping" in the section heading...
>   Use case #8 - Scraping the web: Steffen wants to build a directory
> of the people he works with.
> But I guess this _is_ scraping... hmm...
Indeed, but I must confess I never know if this group wants or not to
address the "scrapping" cases
and in particular in this use case I mention that the script applies
some transforms systematically
whether or not they were explicitly linked (grokFoaf, grokDC) which
sounds like scrapping in the
sense you are applying transforms that were not explicitly specified by
the authoritative source of the pages.

--
Fabien - http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/fabien/