Re: GRDDL and transformations (take 2) [#issue-whichlangs]

Le mardi 29 août 2006 à 22:31 +0200, Danny Ayers a écrit :
> In this same area, I'm not entirely comfortable with "The use of the
> XSLT document() function to incorporate other data at transformation
> time is an error", it seems very arbitrary, but unless anyone else
> raises it I'll defer.

FWIW, I think I introduced this in the very first draft of what is now
GRDDL, for the following reasons:
1- naive sandboxing
2- restricting the source of the data to the GRDDL'd document itself

Both reasons look ill-thought to me now, so I too would suggest getting
rid of that restriction: 1 is really too naive to be useful, and anyone
wanting to run GRDDL on the wild would be better advised to do some real
security work; 2 doesn't really make sense, and prevents re-use of
useful data across transformations.

Dom