Re: On GRDDL and XML Documents [#issue-base-param]

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Fabien Gandon wrote:

> Naive question:
>
> Could someone remind me why it's not OK just to rely on the base URL like
> this:
> <xsl:param name="this" select="//*/@xml:base[position()=1]" />
>
> and then expand relative links e.g.:
> <when test="starts-with($curie_or_uri,'#')">
>  <value-of select="concat($this,$curie_or_uri)" />
> </when>

You could do that, yes, but in this case you would be relying on xml:base
being there in the first place.

Both referencing the baseURI and resolving a URI fragment against it are
mechanism that are native to the XML data model. As a last resort you
*can* use native XSLT to to manipulate the base URI purely at the
syntactic level, but not completely reliably.

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Cleveland Clinic Foundation