RE: GRDDL and HTML5

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:59:02 +0000
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, "public-grddl-comments@w3.org" <public-grddl-comments@w3.org>

> From: Julian Reschke
>
> It seems to me that the choice of "transformation" was done
> knowing that there was @profile to disambiguate (just as
>
>         xmlns:grddl='http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#'
>         grddl:transformation="..."
>
> is used when in generic XML).
>
> So, in absence of @profile, the relation probably should be called
> "grddl-transformation", or the full URI should be used as relation:
>
>         rel="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#transfomation"
>
> (as proposed in the Link header draft).

Yes, thinking ahead a bit (given that it will be years before HTML5 is in real usage), having a full URI somewhere for disambiguation would permit a GRDDL 1.0 transformation to be distinguished from a future GRDDL 2.0 transformation.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Statements made herein represent the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the official views of HP unless explicitly so stated.