Re: hReview, tags, Atom & GRDDL

Danny Ayers wrote:
> Hi Harry,
>
> Just read the minutes of the SWEO telecon - sorry I missed you.
>
> Tom Heath's Revyu.com uses an RDF vocab I allegedly maintain - had
> pretty well forgotten about it until Tom dug up & revitalised it
> (historically notable in that the last joint update was done on the bus
> from the Jena conf. to the restaurant :-)
>
> The vocab was cited in the background to hReview:
> http://microformats.org/wiki/review-formats#RDF_Review_Vocabulary
>
> It was with that in mind I'd suggested:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-scenarios/#guitar_use_case
>
> the XSLT I mentioned here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Aug/0026.html
> is now at:
> http://dannyayers.com/code/hreview2rdf
> but is no doubt in need of revision.
>
> Likewise the rough spec is long overdue an update:
> http://www.purl.org/stuff/rev#
>
> I've also got a few terms to add that another implementer is already
> using in that namespace which didn't seem unreasonable (details in my
> inbox somewhere...).
>
> Revyu.com also uses the Tag Ontology from:
> http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/
>
> (I've used this vocab in a few playthings myself, it seems to work quite
> nicely)

Then maybe rel-tag is another good GRDDL option - I remember Tom Gruber
was quite excited by this a while back.
> There's a list of microformat/GRDDL-related vocabs & XSLT at:
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/CustomRdfDialects
>
> I don't know of any GRDDL XSLT for the rel-tag microformat, though Brian
> Suda may well have covered this.
>
> Re. Atom/RDF XSLT - when I looked into this, there were various
> candidates but none which jumped out as *the* solution.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jul/0034.html
>
> It was far from obvious what would be the next step forward - towards
> the ultimate aim of asking the Atom folks to associate the XSLT with
> their namespace document.
>
> My personal take on what would have been optimal was with Henry Story's
> maximally-Atom-spec-friendly vocab as the target, done to RDF/XML using
> XSLT 1.0 (Henry has corresponding XQuery and XSLT 2.0), so I made a
> start on putting that together:
>
> http://n2.talis.com/svn/playground/danja/misc/atom/atom2rdf_xslt-1.0.xsl
>
> I'll do my best to devote some time soon to the bits and pieces here
> that are on my plate. This stuff is generally in scope for my dayjob
> hours at Talis, I've just got to wheedle them into my schedule. (Hmm,
> it's familiar enough having a trail of unfinished projects, untypical
> that these might actually be useful were they finished...)

If you can wheedle in debugging hReview XSLT, publishing the Review
Vocab with Tom Heath as a SWIG Note, and getting a hReview profile URI
up, that would be grand. Not sure what best practice is for SWIG notes,
but I can send you Norm Walsh's DocBook stuff that I've been using with
VCard. Just tell me when you want it.

--
		-harry

Harry Halpin,  University of Edinburgh