Re: XSLT parameters

From: Hugh Winkler <hughw@wellstorm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:34:19 -0500
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: public-grddl-comments@w3.org

On 9/6/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 14:29 -0500, Hugh Winkler wrote:
> > Comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/PR-grddl-20070716/
> >
> > How would one pass parameters to an XSL transformation?
> >
> > No provision was ever standardized for doing so in the case of the
> > xsl-stylesheet PI. It would be nice if we could overload the <meta>
> > tag or some such.
>
> Of course, the XSLT transformation has access to everything
> in the source document, so it can use information
> in the <meta> element as a parameter of sorts.
>
> We haven't found any need for anything more than that.
>
> Does that seem sufficient?

I think so... trying to remember *exactly* what I meant by "overload
the <meta> tag". I believe I was suggesting a profile such that you
could say <meta name="xslparam" content="name=value">, and whatever
agent doing the transform would pass those parameters. But that seems
dumb. As you say, the XSLT can just as well transform the meta tag
itself.

> --

Hugh