Re: Javascript and GRDDL

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:55:04 +0100
To: "Harry Halpin" <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Cc: "Chimezie Ogbuji" <ogbujic@bio.ri.ccf.org>, public-grddl-comments@w3.org, stefanom@mit.edu

Thanks Chimezie.

My personal impression is that Stefano's points on scraping, while
worth noting, aren't of direct relevance to the WG on the grounds that
without the use of an assertion that the transform is licensed, it
ain't GRDDL. (I did argue early on along similar lines as Stefano in
regards to the fact that profile URIs aren't being used around
microformats - that problem hasn't gone away, but I was satisfied that
it was out of scope for the WG).

But I find Stefano's comments re. Javascript both relevant &
troubling, and think they deserve attention.

See also:
http://dannyayers.com/2007/03/02/grddl-without-xslt

Cheers,
Danny.