Re: More on GRDDL tests (apology)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:57:38 -0600
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: public-grddl-comments@w3.org, "McBride, Brian" <brian.mcbride@hp.com>, jena-devel <jena-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 10:31 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
[...]
> A. Description of my code.
> ==========================
>
> My code now implements what I think is what is currently intended.
> http://jena.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jena/grddl/trunk/

nifty!

> i.e.
>
> 1. apply GRDDL transforms declared directly in input
> 2. if input has a root element in a namespace NS
>        if NS is RDF/XML namespace or of mimetype application/rdf+xml,
>          also read document untransformed as a GRDDL transform

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'll have to take a closer look
or something...

>        else for *NS namespaceTransformation URL* triple in any
>             GRDDL transform of NS apply transform URL
> 3. if input is xhtml (through mimetype or schema or guesswork) then
>         for each profile P
>            for each
>               *P profileTransformation URL*
>              triple in GRDDL transform of P
>                  apply transform URL
> 4. if document is of mimetype application/rdf+xml also
>      read document untransformed (unless covered under 2)
>
> The code also accept text/rdf+n3 as a transform output media-type.
> The intermediate document is streamed from saxon8 into the appropriate
> Jena reader (as SAX events for RDF/XML, and as Unicode String for N3),
> in principle this should mean that some very large documents can be
> handled. The code supports XSLT 2.0.
>
> B. Publish new WD?
> ==================
>
> I note that the currently published WD adds transform results of
> NS and P to the GRDDL result of the original document. If this is no
> longer the intent, this seems like a big enough change to merit
> consideration of a new WD.

Yes, it's been a while.

It might be awkward to publish before I've done the edits that I
owe the WG, but should get something out soon.

> C. Failing Tests
[...]

I expect to look over those details closely in due course.
Stay tuned.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E