Re: Comments on GRDDL (transformation failure case)

w3c-xsl-query-request@w3.org wrote on 05/01/2007 04:30:56 PM:

> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 03:48 -0400, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:
> >
> > The XML Query WG and XSL WG have reviewed GRDDL [1] and offer the
> > following comments:
> >
> > 1) When a transformation fails, or it produces non-RDF elements, the
> > result/meaning should be specified.
>
> I just remembered that this case is discussed in the spec,
> to some extent, in the section on Transformation Algorithms:
>
> "As noted above, each GRDDL transformation specifies a transformation
> property, a function from XPath document nodes to ... RDF graphs.
> This function need not be total; it may have a domain smaller than all
> XML document nodes. For example, use of xsl:message with terminate="yes"
> may be used to signal that the input is outside the domain of the
> transformation."
>
> I'm interested to know if you find that sufficiently responsive
> to your comment.
>
> > [1] Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages (GRDDL)
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-grddl-20070302/
>
> --
> D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

I don't think that this statement quite covers our comment. It doesn't say
what behavior is expected when the input is outside of the domain of the
transformation. It doesn't cover the case when a transformation produces
RDF graphs and non-RDF elements.

                                                -- Andrew