Re: Comments on GRDDL W3C Working Draft 2 March 2007 (whitespace)

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 14:13 -0700, Dave Beckett wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-grddl-20070302/

Just responding to one comment at a time from your message...

> S2
> [bug]
>     "grddl:transformation attribute whose value is an IRI reference,
>     or list of IRI references"
>
> That's a whitespace-separated list or space-separated?  The example in
> S2 could be read as a newline and a lot of ws
>
> I think I've only implemented spaces
>
> Looking further, the Normative Statement says: "space-separated"
> but the Mechanical Rule (Informative) uses
>     (?Vnorm "[ \t\r\n]+") fn:tokenize [ list:member ?REF ].
> which I can't really decode but seems to be whitespace, not a space.
>
> So these are inconsistent and strictly, only a single space is allowed:
> the normative part does not say "spaces", the plural, either.
>
> Can you have leading and trailing whitespace(s)?

We're clarifying the rule box like this:

[[
Space-separated tokens are the maximal non-empty subsequences not
containing the whitespace characters #x9, #xA, #xD or #x20.
]]
-- http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec 1.244

I hope this makes it clear that yes, you can have leading
and trailing whitespace.

FYI, the informative mechanical rule says to apply normalize-space()
and then tokenize() with "[ \t\r\n]+". Hmm... that's a bit
redundant, isn't it? Oh well.

We've also got a number of relevant tests in progress, e.g.
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/pendinglist#spaces-in-rel

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E