Re: Comments on GRDDL W3C Working Draft 2 March 2007 (namespac document)

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 14:13 -0700, Dave Beckett wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-grddl-20070302/

Thanks for the careful review. This reply just
addresses one part of your message...

[...]
> S9
> [comment]
> What is the sentence
>     "The namespace document includes RDF data about the terms in the GRDDL
>     Vocuabulary, but these RDF data do not include any triples whose predicate
>     is grddl:profileTransformation."
> for?  Is it saying that it won't define profile transforms.  What about
> it defining namespace transforms?

That sentence is supposed to address the comments you made earlier,
which you seem to re-iterate below:

> General
>
> [comment]
> I don't know where this would go, but can you add something like
> this, if it is true:
>     http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view is used as an identifier
>     The results of resolving this URI, or the grddl result of
>     this URI are not required to be read by GRDDL agents.

The only way the results of resolving that URI would matter
to GRDDL aware agents is if it contained grddl:profileTransformation
triples. We guarantee that whatever it says, it doesn't
have any of those.

Does that seems sufficient?

> If this document may change, maybe you should say so.  Usually
> things like this (XML namespaces, schema documents) refered to
> in RECs are very slowly changing, if at all.
>
> If you want this in the form of a question:
>     Are the contents you get when resolving the URI
>     http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view part of the GRDDL recommendation?
>
> The comments in the XHTML you get back tend to suggest not, there
> are lots of todos and reference to things in progress.
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E