Re: New glossaries added to W3C Glossary

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:54:29 +0000
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: public-glossary@w3.org, csdee@cs.ust.hk

Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Four new glossaries (based on the 8 new recommendations that were
> published today) have been added to the W3C Glossary today:
> * XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model (XDM)
>    http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xpath-datamodel/
>   * XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language
>     http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xquery/
>   * XSL Transformations (XSLT) 2.0
>   http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xslt20/
>   * XML Path Language (XPath) 2.0
>   http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xpath20/

Nice work Dom :)

Can you add a (more prominent) link back to the top of the Glossary site?

BTW is there still a SKOS version? How do you deal with the hypertext
fragments? And did you see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0036.html

Does http://www.w3.org/2003/03/glossary-project/analysis still describe
the workings of the system reasonably well? The note in
http://www.w3.org/QA/2003/01/Glossary says
"""it's now using the SKOS Schema produced by the SWAD-EU activity as
much as possible, instead of the custom schema it was using until now."""

Now would probably be a good time to revisit any issues with SKOS that
you had... (apologies if I've missed a mail thread on that)

cheers,

Dan