W3C Glossary now based on SKOS (was: Announcing SKOS-Core 1.0 - an RDF Schema for Thesauri)

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:29:54 +0200
To: "'public-glossary@w3.org'" <public-glossary@w3.org>
Cc: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>, chaals@w3.org, em@w3.org
Hello public-glossary,

Le lun 29/03/2004 ŗ 12:22, Miles, AJ (Alistair) a ťcrit :
> > The SKOS-Core 1.0 schema can be found at
> > http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core

The W3C Glossary [1] was using a custom schema built for the occasion; I
finally found the time to migrate it to use SKOS (*); this was quite
easily done since I only had to run a few regexps on the code and
existing data, since our data model were so close. This means that the
RDF glossaries [2] behind the system should be usable as SKOS input for
other glossary/thesaurus systems.

(also, while this mailing list has been pretty quiet, I have tried to
keep the glossary updated with the ones included in the new
recommendations since its release in September; the Glossary has now
more than 1200 terms recorded [3])

Enjoy,

1. http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/
2. http://www.w3.org/2003/03/glossary-project/data/glossaries/
3. http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/All/

(*) the proximity of the SWAD EU Workshop on metadata for a multilingual
world I'll be attending may have play some role in this sudden
motivation ;)
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/events/200407-cph/

W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org