Re: Final Linked Data Glossary (was Re: def'n of resource?)

Once again, Sandro's actionable version, with an "out" added for closed-ness...

1-star: Publish your data on the Web in any format (eg PDF or JPEG
image of a table of numbers) and linking to an explicit expression of
rights. (For linked open data, use an "open license")

2-star: [As above, plus...] Publish your data in a structured,
machine-readable format (e.g. an application's own data files, perhaps
in binary or XML)

3-star: [As above, plus...] Publish your data in a documented,
non-proprietary format (eg CSV, KML)

4-star: [As above, plus...] Publish an RDF (subject-property-value)
view of your data (eg a Turtle file, or a SPARQL endpoint for a SQL
database)

5-star: [As above, plus...] Use common identifiers based on resolvable
links to useful or definitive data sources (e.g. use
<http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i> as the identifier for
Tim
Berners-Lee)

FWIW, Tim's revised mug (i.e with the [OPEN] option) said:

1-star: On the web (with an) [OPEN LICENSE] <= same as above...but
with the above, the data provider has more of a clue how to take
action.

2-star: Machine-readable data <= same as above...

3-star: Non-proprietary format <= same as above...

4-star: RDF standards <= same as above...

5-star: Linked RDF <= same as above...

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
Director, Web Science Operations