Re: ORG and reuse of vCard Ontology

Hi Renato,

On 09/05/13 04:58, Renato Iannella wrote:

> On 8 May 2013, at 19:13, Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It is greyed out. I was keen to reflect the "recommendation" to use vcard in the diagram.
>> If this is problematic I will remove it from the diagram. [A replacement diagram is in preparation in any case.]
>
> Or add a legend to the diagram.

I've replaced the vcard box with some brief text saying we "recommend
the vcard ontology".

>> Is it?  I don't see in the current draft anything which defines the properties of a v:Location so it's hard to tell.
>
> Aside: There is a small bug in LODE (the OWL to HTML converter) and it seemed to have misrepresented the Location description...will be fixed.

OK.

Looking at the OWL I didn't see much in the way of axioms about
v:Location. Possibly the relevant properties are open-domain. I
sometimes use the non-standard (but not harmful) trick of declaring
minCard(0) restrictions as a way to hint that a property might be used
on a class without requiring it.[1]

>> Are you satisfied with this response?
>

> Yes.

Great, thanks for confirming.

Cheers,
Dave

[1] The question of how to say "property X is mandatory but if you want
to express concept x here then please use property X for it" is a
recurrent need in semweb modelling :)