linked data standards (re Linked Data Glossary)

On 03/20/2013 07:40 AM, Dave Reynolds wrote:

>>> [[[
>>> Linked data refers to a set of best practices for creating, publishing
>>> and announcing structured data on the Web. See [Linked Data
>>> Principles].
>>> Linked Data typically makes use of the RDF family of standards for data
>>> interchange (RDF/XML, Turtle) and query (SPARQL). Linked Data can be
>>> published by a person or organization behind the firewall or on the
>>> public Web. If Linked Data is published on the public Web, it is
>>> generally called Linked Open Data.
>>> ]]]
>>
>> Done, with a slight modification in the 3rd sentence.
>> [[Linked Data is *not* the same as RDF, rather Linked Data uses the RDF
>> family of standards for data interchange ( RDF/XML, N3, Turtle and
>> N-Triples) and query (SPARQL).]]
>
> My rephrase was specifically designed to replace that sentence :)
>
> First there's something about the bolding of *not* that annoys me but
> that's OK, I'm easily annoyed.

:-)   If so, you hide it well.    I agree bold like that is annoying.

> Second, N3 is a not a standard so shouldn't be in that list of standards.
>
> Thirdly, N-Triples was originally designed for test cases and not a
> normative format for interchange. That is probably changing (I'm not
> following RDF 1.1) so I guess I don't really object to that being in
> there.

Indeed, I think the key RDF standards are probably  RDF/XML, RDFa,
Turtle, and SPARQL.   (N3 and N-Triples do not belong on that list.)
Turtle isn't a REC yet, but I expect it will be soon. JSON-LD isn't
probably right to list yet.

But maybe this isn't the right entry in which to name them...

    -- Sandro