AW: LD Glossary - feedback on form of publishing

Hi,

Thanks, Ghislain, for commenting the suggestion to publish the glossary as Linked Data [1]:

>Ummm..I thought about this idea, but I guess the way the doc is
>published is not like an ISO glossary of terms that we are the owners.
>We have just put in one place some terms we think useful for readers to
>refer  to...
The Note makes sense as a deliverable accompanying the BP document.

But the glossary might be useful in other use cases, as well, and as a LD-savvy WG, I think, we should also allow people to refer to those terms using RDF.

>Great! But at the same we must take care of the URI policy for the
>terms, rely on a vocab like SKOS for the terms, etc..
>Your use case is really interesting to give the users that option for
>them to consume these terms as they wish -I guess that why the Glossary
>is just a Note-, unless W3C wants to be the authority for the terms
We can reuse SKOS for the terms. SMW allows to import vocabularies such as SKOS [2].

I do not know what you mean with authority for the terms. The most important issue is to have permanently resolvable URIs. As far as I see from other WGs, the GLD wiki will be kept also after the GLD has ended, so that URIs would be permanently resolving.

Although having the terms also in the GLD wiki would require more efforts, I think, it would render the glossary more useful.

Best,

Benedikt

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Linked_Data_Glossary>
[2] <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Import_vocabulary>