Re: Fwd: Re: Naive question on DCAT versioning

On 7/31/13 5:23 PM, Makx Dekkers wrote:
> Antoine,
>

>> @Makx: the problem I'm raising assumes you've made the decision of
>> creating a new version as a new resource, which is, as I understand
> it,
>> what ADMS would happily accommodate (see the diagram at
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-adms/#asset-distribution-1).
>> If you have two versions, i.e. two instances of adms:Asset, then you
>> have also two instances of dcat:Dataset.
>> My worry was that this "duplication" of dcat:Dataset does not really
>> fit well with what I've read from DCAT. (see the body of my email at
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2013Jul/0045.html,
>> before Phil's re-wording).
>>

> DCAT is completely silent on this, but I see nothing in DCAT that would
> prohibit creating a new resource.

Well, DCAT seems to hint that all versions of a dataset be lumped in one instance: there's no occurrence of "version" in the entire document, and there are chunks like
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vocab-dcat-20130312/#Property:dataset_update_date
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vocab-dcat-20130312/#Property:dataset_frequency
that are quite strongly suggesting that every new publishing of a dataset doesn't lead to a new instance of dcat:Dataset. Including the example that you are suggesting below? (this example makes much sense to me btw)

A.