Re: AW: ISSUE-30 (CubeRel): Declaring relations between cubes [Data Cube Vocabulary]

Hi Benedikt,

I would need to study QB4OLAP property before commenting in detail on that.

However, this issue was deliberately framed as about *declaring* the
relationship between cubes. Such a declarative statement would be
different from a procedural description of a set of transformations
which have actually taken place - which is what I understand Cogs to be
about.

As a high level observation, the working group has very limited time and
capacity left so we should focus on getting a sufficient version of the
core of QB agreed. My recommendation on Issue-30 is, in fact, that we
should postpone to a future iteration. There is a genuine requirement
here, and QB4OLAP looks good, but I'm not sure we have sufficient
experience with it and sufficiently working group bandwidth to properly
address this area, this time around.

Dave