From:  Bernadette Hyland <bhyland@3roundstones.com>
Date:  Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM
To:  Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc:  Public GLD WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: PLEASE VOTE on publishing BP

+1 to publish the Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data, aimed at
government content.

This document reflects considerable input & review over the last year by
editors from three different countries, members of the WG and the public.
Considerable effort went into review & revisions in the last 4 weeks.   The
reflects of real world practioners who wanted to help others climb the
learning curve a bit quicker.

Publishing Best Practices for LD as a WG Note allows for future editors to
pick it up in future working groups & extend it.  We hope that it will
become more complete, useful and international as other editors provide
needed guidance for the rapidly evolving information space that is the Web.

On behalf of all the editors, we trust that you'll see your contributions in
the current version.  Thanks.

NB:  It bear repeating ...
The editors wish to gratefully acknowledge the considerable contributions to
the Linked Data Best Practices document by the following people: Dave
Reynolds <http://www.epimorphics.com> , (Epimorphics,UK), Phil Archer
<http://www.w3.org/People/#phila> , (W3C / ERCIM, UK), Makx Deckers
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/makxdekkers> , (Independent Consultant, Spain),
John Erickson <http://logd.tw.rpi.edu/person/john_erickson>  (Rensselaer
Polytechnic Institute, USA), João Paulo Almeida
<http://nemo.inf.ufes.br/jpalmeida> , (Federal University of Espírito Santo,
Brazil), Tom Heath  <http://theodi.org/team/tom-heath> , (Open Data
Institute, UK), Thomas Baker  <http://lod-lam.net/summit/author/tombaker/> ,
(Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, US) Sarven Capadisli
<http://www.deri.ie/users/sarven-capadisli/> , (UK) Bernard Vatant
<http://data.semanticweb.org/person/bernard-vatant/>  (Mondeca, France),
Michael Pendleton (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, USA), Biplav
Srivastava
<http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view_person_subpage.php?id=3088
>  (IBM India), Daniel Vila  <http://www.oeg-upm.net>  (Ontology Engineering
Group, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, UPM, Spain), Martín Álvarez
Espinar (CTIC-Centro Tecnológico, Spain), David Wood
<http://www.about.me/david_wood/>  (3 Round Stones, USA), Michael Hausenblas
<http://mhausenblas.info/#i>  (MapR, USA), and our working group co-chair,
Hadley Beeman  <http://linkedgov.org>  (UK LinkedGov, UK).  Please accept
our apologies in advance if we've inadvertantly omitted your name as many
people provided valuable feedback and were  instrumental in the production
of this best practices publication.

Kind regards,
Editors: Bernadette Hyland <http://www.about.me/bernadettehyland/> , 3 Round
Stones, Inc. <http://3roundstones.com/> Ghislain Atemezing