RE: PLEASE VOTE on publishing BP

I am looking at
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/4dbafa673d70/bp/index.html version
18 December.

I am afraid I have to vote NO to the proposal.

Summarising the main points of my earlier message to the list:

*         Section 3, under the heading Provide Basic Metadata, implies
that basic metadata must include MIME type, publishing organization
and/or agency, creation date, modification date, version, frequency of
updates, contact email for the data steward(s). First of all, this list
is only relevant for things like documents and data sets, not for things
like people and countries; secondly, even for documents and datasets not
all those properties may be relevant or known. Putting this list as such
in a BP document is confusing.

*         Section 8 does not mention direct URI resolution
(follow-your-nose). Not including this in the BP document is a
show-stopper for me.

In addition, the new section 3 Model the Data has a highlighted note
that says that "we highlight how Linked Data modeling differs from the
traditional relational data modeling approach", while the text under the
note does not do that - it just says which kinds of people are needed to
do the modelling.

One other issue that I just noted (and overlooked in the previous
version) is that the BP document refers to lexvo.org as a stable
collection of URIs for languages. However, a set of authoritative URIs
for languages are maintained by the official registration authority of
ISO639-2, the US Library of Congress. Use of those URIs is recommended
by DCAT, so it seems to me that the BP document should at least mention
that URI collection.

I still have quibbles with some of the wording, as noted in my previous
message, but those are really minor.

Makx.