  From:       Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>

  To:         Public GLD WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>

  Date:       18/12/2013 07:57 PM

  Subject:    PLEASE VOTE on publishing BP

Following the emails of yesterday [1] [2], there's been some disagreement
about whether it might still be possible to publish Best Practices.   The
chairs have agreed to hold an email vote this week; deadline is the end of
the usual meeting time (about 26 hours from when I'm sending this).     If
you have a problem with this deadline, please say so, but we don't have a
lot of options.   We wont physically be able to publish until January, so
if you have a procedural complain in the next two weeks, there will be time
to consider it.

There will be an informal meeting, at the usual time tomorrow, during which
people can discuss BP if they want, but the email votes will be what
counts.

The document under consideration is here (frozen):
      https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/4dbafa673d70/bp/index.html
and the diff from Friday's version is here:
      https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/diff-1213-1218.html
Please respond via email with a vote (+1 if you support, 0 abstain, -1
formal objection, in between to show nuance if you want) on the proposal
below.   If you would vote higher with some small edit, please provide the
edit and we'll try to see if there's email consensus for it.   Feel free to
make other statements, but please keep it brief.   If anyone votes -1 or if
only a few people vote +1, the document will be left unpublished (but still
in its current location on the web).

      PROPOSED: Publish
      https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/4dbafa673d70/bp/index.html, with
      minimal edits necessary to make it pubrules compliant and fix simple
      typos.    We believe that the document in its current form expresses
      Best Practices for publishing Government Linked Data.   We understand
      it might be updated by another group in the future or might remain
      as-is.
Thank you for your prompt response.

       -- Sandro (in consultation with the chairs & Phil)

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2013Dec/0069.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2013Dec/0071.html etc