Re: RegOrg update + co-editor

Thanks James

On 23/10/2012 22:32, James McKinney wrote:
> Have we reached out to Chris Taggart of Open Corporates for feedback?

Chris was in the original working group. The vocab is very much in his
image and its current version is already implemented in Open Corporates.
Anything I know about this topic I learned from Chris :-)

> Here are editorial comments for RegOrg:
>
> Why abbreviate the class to rov:RegOrg when we use full words like org:FormalOrganization elsewhere?

Hmmm... call me lazy?

And yes, maybe the full names are better.

> "It is notable that some jurisdictions regard the use of any name other than the primary Legal Name as suspicious." is a fun fact, but what's it doing in this document?

I'd say it's a warning not to use this particular term without
recognising the possible consequences. In the original WG there was a
lot of debate over whether it should be included at all and this was the
compromise for allowing it to be included.

> The introduction uses the tense "This is a vocabulary for describing organizations that have gained legal entity status". The abstract should use the same tense.

Ack.

Thanks again.

Phil.

--