Re: some questions about the ORG Ontology

Hi Joćo,

This is probably a question I should answer, I was the one who asked for
the post - organization change.
I work in the field of Crisis and Disaster management, one thing I wanted
be able to do is express a crisis command and control structure.
In those situations all partners in the crisis organization gather, and
there need to be representatives of those organizations who hold a post in
this new organization.
The actual composition of the organization is highly dependent on the type
of incident.

Small example, a large incident demands a predetermined organization for
its central command, in general this is composed of a fixed set of people,
and extended with concerned parties when needed.
So if something happens in a harbor you would like to have harbor
authorities on the table, they take a POST as concerned party, but are
represented by a ORGanization through a PERSON which is available at that
time.
During longer running incident the PERSON will be replaced, but the
ORGanization keeps its POST. So the reporting lines always go through
posts and not through people in this case. The same goes for the
governmental leader of the organization which is in highest state the
majors office, this ORGanization is commonly represented by the major
himself, but when he is not available, he could be part of the crisis or
just on holiday, the POST is still filled up by his office, the
ORGanization.

In the earlier incarnation it was not possible to model this, PERSONs were
always reporting where in my case ORGanizations are reporting hence the
changes we did.

as for the property assignments I think Dave should step in as the author
of the document.

Met Vriendelijke Groet / With Kind Regards
Bart van Leeuwen
@semanticfire

# netage.nl
# http://netage.nl