World Bank Linked Data for countries, regions, and currencies

From: Sarven Capadisli <sarven.capadisli@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 18:12:13 +0100
To: Government Linked Data Working Group WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
On World Bank Linked Data [1]:

http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/country is a country code list
based on The World Bank's country list. It includes aggregate areas as
well e.g., "Euro area", "East Asia & Pacific (developing only)".

Based on what World Bank considers an area to be a country, with some
basic reasoning, I've added an rdf:type dbo:Country statement for such
resources.

Countries e.g., http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/country/CA are
interlinked using the owl:sameAs relation to corresponding DBpedia and
Eurostat resources i.e., http://dbpedia.org/resource/Canada and
http://eurostat.linked-statistics.org/dic/geo#CA

There are skos:exactMatches to 3-letter codes as well e.g.,
http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/country/CAN (and vice versa)

Regions code list: http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/region

Currency code list: http://worldbank.270a.info/classification/currency
and is based on http://www.currency-iso.org/dl_iso_table_a1.xml

I might do another set of interlinking for countries, and most likely
for currencies.

[1] http://worldbank.270a.info/

-Sarven