RE: Please recommend interesting 4-5 star Linked Data Sets

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Case_Studies/Nature_Publishing_Group_linked_data

-----Original Message-----
From: Benedikt Kämpgen [mailto:kaempgen@fzi.de]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 7:29 AM
To: Bernadette Hyland
Cc: W3C public GLD WG WG
Subject: RE: Please recommend interesting 4-5 star Linked Data Sets

Dear Bernadette,

The XBRL dataset I mentioned last week in our Cube Session you find at Edgar Linked Data Wrapper [1].

* Describes XBRL filings from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
* Edgar LD Wrapper uses the RDF Data Cube vocabulary.
* Companies are linked to Freebase.
* Edgar LD Wrapper data is used in our XBRL Challenge Submission Demo FIOS [2].

Best,

Benedikt

[1] <http://edgarwrap.ontologycentral.com/>
[2] <http://xbrl.us/research/appdev/pages/275.aspx#>

--
AIFB, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Phone: +49 721 608-47946

has
> started off by publishing diverse information sources belonging to the
> National Geographic Institute of Spain, and the National Statistic
Institute in
> Spain.
> - datos.bne.es [4] is a LD dataset created from the Spanish National
Library
> (BNE). The endpoint is available here [5].
>    The BNE has transformed into RDF and linked the "catálogo de
autoridades
> y bibliográfico" (Authority and Bibliography catalogue) that contains
around 7
> million authority and bibliographic records. BNE authors and
> publications
are
> directly linked to resources in other datasets: VIAF , DBPedia , SUDOC
> ,
LIBRIS
> , and the GND (the authority file from the German National Library).
> datos.bne.es contains approximately 58 million triples generated from
> MARC 2records in Spanish and 587,000 links to other resources in
> multiple
natural
> languages (e.g. German, French, English, Swedish).
> -  AEMET meteorological dataset [6], which makes available some data
> sources from the Agencia Estatal de Meteorología (AEMET, Spanish
> Meteorological Office) as Linked Data.
> - El Viajero [7] is an application that exploits, manages, and
> organizes
Linked
> Data in the domain of news and blogs about traveling. El Viajero makes
> use of several heterogeneous datasets to help users to plan future
> trips, and relies on the Open Provenance Model [8] (and now PROV [9])
> for modelling the provenance information of the resources.
> - Finally, we are developing an open initiative with Portugal in the
context of
> the OTALEX project [10] for generating LD from environmental and
geospatial
> resources. The endpoint is available here [11]
>
> Hope this helps. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try to answer.
>
> Best
>
> Boris
>

> [1] http://www.oeg-upm.net
> [2] http://geo.linkeddata.es/
> [3] The INSPIRE Directive addresses 34 spatial data themes needed for
> environmental applications.
> http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/index.cfm/pageid/2/list/7
> [4] http://datos.bne.es
> [5] http://datos.bne.es/sparql
> [6] http://aemet.linkeddata.es
> [7] http://webenemasuno.linkeddata.es
> [8] http://openprovenance.org/
> [9] http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/05/04/the-prov-ontology-an-update/
> [10] http://www.ideotalex.eu/
> [11] http://otalex.linkeddata.es/sparql
>

> On May 18, 2012, at 7:06 PM, Bernadette Hyland wrote:
>

> 	Hi all,
> 	I'm putting together a talk for the upcoming SemTech conference in
> San Francisco on behalf of the GLD WG and the status of publishing
> open government data sets worldwide.  I hope this is a no brainer.
>
> 	Can you please respond with a data set name(s), a 1-2 sentence
> description & ideally a URL of any 4 or 5 star Linked Data sets that
> you
know