Re: relationship between DCAT and VOID

I think due to their similarity on the surface, this is easily
overlooked. I didn't see the difference right away either until it
indirectly came up in a conversation with Fadi. Which then led to the
idea of linking them with one another by reusing the dcat:Dataset URIs
in the VoID file. See Fadi's example [1].

There are some cases where this doesn't play out well. And, since it is
generally a good practice to link to source data, it is not entirely
necessary to do that by linking to dcat:Dataset in VoID. In that case,
there certainly is an overlap, with the exception of DCAT vocabulary
being more granular about the source.

Fadi, do you reckon that the difference should be briefly mentioned in
the DCAT spec? Perhaps elaborating on "By using DCAT to describe
datasets in data catalogs" in the Introduction or Vocabulary Overview.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-comments/2012Apr/0028.html

-Sarven