RADion - in name(space) only

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:23:04 +0000
To: Public GLD WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
Thanks to everyone on today's call, especially Dave for scribing. I'm
sorry you had to put up with so much of me talking.

Towards the end I heard Bernadette and others expressing entirely
justified worries about mission creep and putting a cap on taking on
more than we should. Against that, I believe that some sort of
association between DCAT and ADMS is desirable, not to mention any other
vocabularies that might come along to describe repositories (like the
one I'm working on concerning software forges).

Therefore, my proposal is that I publish RADion as little more than a
namespace document at a suitable location on w3.org. The GLD WG can then
decide whether or not to make relevant sub class relationships between
RADion and DCAT in the way that ADMS will. I hope that DCAT will too but
there will be no dependency created by this action.

Phil.

--

Phil Archer
W3C eGovernment