ISSUE-5 (Frequency): Implications of the domain of dcterms:accrualPeriodicity

From: Government Linked Data Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:00:15 +0000
To: public-gld-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-5 (Frequency): Implications of the domain of dcterms:accrualPeriodicity

http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/5

Raised by: Phil Archer
On product:

DCAT uses dcterms:accrualPeriodicity for its frequency property which has a domain of dcterms:Collection. As already noted in the original text, this implies that a dcat:Catalog must also be a dcterms:Collection. That seems fair enough to me but raises two questions in my mind:

1. Should we explicitly define dcat:Catalog as a sub class of dcterms:Collection? (DC states: "A collection is described as a group; its parts may also be separately described.").

2. The DCAT term frequency (dcterms:accrualPeriodicity) is used as a property of dcat:Dataset (not catalog) so is dcat:dataset also a dcterms:Collection? Again, that seems to fit without any problem so should we define it as a sub class?

3. If the answer to 2 is yes, is dcat:Dataset a sub class of dcat:Catalog?