Re: Comment response policy?

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 14:57 +0000, Dave Reynolds wrote:
> I have just responded on public-gld-comments@w3.org to some helpful
> review comments concerning Data Cube.
>
> Then I belated remembered that in the RIF WG we had a policy that
> Working Group members could not individually respond on the comments
> list, those had to be approved group level responses.
>
> What's the policy in GLD?

I don't think we've talked about this.   I suggest we try a fairly loose
policy, where people can reply if they are confident no one in the WG
would have a problem with their response.   So, simple factual responses
pointing to the specs, or telling people that an issue has been raised
on that top and we'll get back to them, ... stuff like that I think can
be done without consulting the group (although, of course, keep the
comments list CC'd so we can all see it.)

How does that sound?

Also, for people not familiar with this process: with every comment, we
should be sure to ask if our reply addresses the commenter's concern,
the commenter is satisfied, or something like that, (unless we're in the
middled of a conversation, asking them other questions), so the reply
chain ends, on the record, with evidence we did our job and addressed
every comment.

     -- Sandro