Re: Geography and Spatial Information

Hi Phil,

On 03/04/12 17:38, Phil Archer wrote:
> Dave, hi,
>
> Are you referring to NeoGeo [1]?

No. Just trying to find out the status of "Task Force 5 (charter 2.3.5)"
mentioned on our Wiki front page.

> The GLD charter provides the option to create a vocab in this area and
> the ISA CV on location is to be 'an input'. IMO - and it is just my
> opinion, not the settled view of the GLD WG or W3C - we could look at
> combining NeoGeo (geometry, maps and all that) with ISA CV (yes,
> geometries but also addresses that an be derived directly from INSPIRE
> data) and create something very useful.
>
> I have exchanged e-mails with Andreas (it's my turn to write again) on
> this but is there somewhere else we should be looking too?

There's obviously the work in the UK Location program on implementing
INSPIRE directly using http URIs for spatial objects though that's not
vocabularies as such.

To answer the question I'd need to understand what the WG's goal here
is, which I guess is what was behind my question :)

> N.B. There's also the Point of Interest WG in which some of the OGC
> chaps are involved too [2]

Yes.

Dave