Re: Catralog vocab question: Indicating whether "government" dataset has "official" status

RE use cases, there are a number of different examples, and these will
be expanding as aggregators come on line for fun and profit...

* World Bank <http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog> which is a
"non-government" entity (that spans countries)
* OpenEI <http://en.openei.org/datasets> which is a "non-government"
entity (that spans countries)
* Linked Open Data Italia <http://www.linkedopendata.it/> which
aggregates government and other data but is a "non-government" entity
* Civic Apps <http://civicapps.org/datasets> which aggregates public
data from many sources; many of the datasets are official but CA is a
"non-government" entity
* etc

>From the metadata standpoint the questions are:
* Does the catalog have official status?
* Does the dataset have official status?
* Does the publisher/aggregator have official status?

BTW, entities like World Bank and OpenEI present challenges by not
covering a specific country; to facilitate browsing we call these
"Non-Government" but this is inaccurate and crude.

John

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
Dir, Web Science Ops, Tetherless World Constellation (RPI)