ISSUE-2 (olyerickson): dct:language should be added to DCAT [Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data]

From: Government Linked Data Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 02:14:11 +0000
To: public-gld-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-2 (olyerickson): dct:language should be added to DCAT  [Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data]

http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/2

Raised by: John Erickson
On product: Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data

(Added as an issue at the suggestion of @cygri)

dct:language should be added to DCAT <http://t.co/loHgJejt>

Discussion: We (TWC RPI) are refining our IOGDS <http://t.co/7HPOldN> and will be adding dct:language the Catalog level, first for statistics purposes and then as a browsable facet. dct:language is in our metadata model, as a conversion "enhancement" that is added after scraping and first-pass RDF conversion. The person doing that work has noted the predominant languages (approx 16 across 116 catalogs from over 36 countries and international organizations) but we don't have it "in the graph" (yet)...