Re: Suggestion regarding the standard vocabularies task force - Metadata just for describing public-gov vocabularies

On this topic, I would encourage people to take at look at the VoaF
('Vocabulary of a Friend) <http://bit.ly/ppQPUc> and Linked Open
Vocabularies <http://bit.ly/q7PIEn> work happening in Europe. For
example, François Scharffe demoed this at RPI this afternoon:

http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/index.html

My point in highlighting this tool is to not how it leverages VoaF to
show the interrelationships of vocabularies. As we noted earlier
today, one of the problems to be tackled by this WG is creating best
practices that help stakeholders e.g. choose vocabularies (among other
things).

John

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.