Re: Missing DCAT property

Martin,

I think a great way to make progress here is to document various scenarios that we'd like to describe in dcat.

Here some fictional examples:

“There's an XML file called itf2007.xml inside a Zip file itf-raw.zip. The Zip file is downloadable from http://example.gov/data/itf-raw.zip. There is a web page with documentation and a link to the zip file at http://example.gov/content/proj/itf/download.html.”

Or:

“There's a RESTful web service to the ITF database. The homepage of the database is http://example.gov/content/proj/itf/index.html. The API documentation is at http://itf.example.gov/doc/api. All API calls start with http://itf.example.com/api?…”

Or:

“The ITF database is available for download as a number of Excel spreadsheets, one per month. They are available as http://example.gov/data/YYYY/itf-MMMM.xls”, where YYYY is the year (e.g., 2007) and MMMM is the month (e.g., “january”). There's a web page with a table that lists all the downloadable files at http://example.gov/content/proj/itf/download.html.”

Once we have a collection of such scenarios, we can figure out and document how to express them all in dcat. This could also form the basis of a “cookbook” for using dcat to model real-world data access scenarios; and should perhaps become part of the use cases document too.

Maybe you could make a start by writing up the scenarios that motivated you to add the access type concepts? Perhaps start with an email to the list; I imagine that the editors can find a place where to put this on the wiki.

All the best,
Richard