Status update on Community Directory w/ pre-release of app

From: Bernadette Hyland <bhyland@3roundstones.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:56:54 -0400
Cc: W3C GLD WG WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
To: William Brafford <wbrafford@revelytix.com>, Tope Imitola <t.omitola@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Ghislain Auguste Atemezing <Auguste.Atemezing@eurecom.fr>
Hi,
There is a pre-release of Community Directory for discussion purposes, see http://directory.3roundstones.net/  It is styled as a W3 app and is hosted on the cloud.  If we go forward with this approach, we'd obviously switch DNS over to have it appear part of W3C to users.

We are still iterating off the requirements specified by the Community Directory task force[1], [2].  It is by no means complete but intended to show preliminary thinking and that we have some running code up, on the cloud, using a FLOSS project that creates triples up & down in a wiki like manner.  We can extend controlled vocabularies easily from with the Callimachus framework.

If you'd like login credentials, please respond to me with your name & email & I'll compile a list and our support team will invite you.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Bernadette Hyland

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1_Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary

[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Community_Directory_Questionnaire