Re: [QB] Samples with small typo?

On 13/09/13 10:06, Ghislain Atemezing wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
> Thanks for the highlights ;)
>> The issue is that in turtle, and some other languages, with the form
>>
>> prefix + ":" + name
>>
>> to describe an abbreviated URI, the first character of the name can't be
>> a digit. see
>> http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/turtle/#nameStartChar
>> vs
>> http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/turtle/#nameChar
>>
>> This is a pain we seem to be stuck with. Some turtle parsers are more
>> relaxed and will parse it, even though it's not legal. Others are more
>> strict.
> I had the error with turtle parser of open Sesame (openrdf.rio) and
> http://www.rdfabout.com/demo/validator/. But it passes with your checker
> tool ;)

Actually leading digits in the local name part are perfectly legal in
Turtle as currently defined and should be allowed by any parser that
follows the CR document [1].

The Team Submission version did indeed disallow leading digits but that
was changed by the working group quite some time ago. Jena, for example,
has implemented the CR version for a while.

Cheers,
Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/#grammar-production-PN_LOCAL