Re: When are "open" data open?

Hi Stephan,

I have checked the linksmart sourceforge page, and it's not clear what it
offers and how it solves the issues you have raised.

As Richard mentioned, it would be good to understand how these comments
specifically relate to the current GLD work. If you think there are
recommendations that are missing, please be specific on where and what
could be rewritten.

If you check the GLD recommendations that are currently being created, the
standard that is recommended to use is RDF and vocabularies based on this
standard, which I think is quite flexible and able to adapt freely with the
changing "world reality". If you think this is not the case, it would be
interesting to hear your point of view, even if I think it's an issue wider
than the GLD group.

Now, for security of the opened data, it's an interesting issue, and there
is a section about it in the GLD recommendation document. Maybe you want to
make specific comments on this.

Thanks,

Pierre

--