Re: Component attachment to data set level in OWL 2 DL

Hi Markus,

On 05/06/13 18:17, Markus Stocker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Example 4 [1] demonstrates how to attach a component at the data
> set level. However, qb:DataSet is a class and, as far as I understand,
> this statement is thus beyond OWL DL. Am I correct that this can be
> circumvented by using the Punning feature of OWL 2 DL in adding the
> assertion owl:NamedIndividual(qb:DataSet)?

The Data Cube ontology is not OWL 2 DL in several ways and attachment
declarations is certainly one of them.

However, I don't think punning is quite enough here. I believe the range
declaration of qb:componentAttachment would still be problematic. So one
would need to make qb:componentAttachment an explicitly declared
annotation property anyway in which case you wouldn't need to depend on
punning.

Dave