Re: Use of dcat:mediaType

Hi Alasdair!

RE the dcat:mediaType issue, I think this applies to many properties
that typically will have literal values (e.g. "audio/BV16"), but in
some cases might have URI values (e.g.
http://purl.org/NET/mediatypes/audio/BV16 ). DCAT shares this with
esp. Dublin Core.

For a good discussion of how DC accommodates this see e.g.
"Representing DCAM constructs using the RDF Model"
<http://www.dublincore.org/documents/dc-rdf/#sect-4>

John

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.