Re: ADMS future

"Jürgen Jakobitsch SWC" <j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at> wrote:

>hi,
>
>i'm about to base some work on adms [1][2].
>before fully committing to it,
>i'd like to ask if there are plans to bring it on the recommendation
>track analogue to the dcat work [3] or if the current version of the
>working group note is closer to the end state of this work [4].

Hi, good question.   This working group is not going to take it any father, and I'm not aware of any other group that is.  If Phil isn't either, then we can say with confidence that's not currently planned.  This is the first I've heard someone asking.

In general, at W3C we're starting to explore the idea of not using the recommendation track for vocabularies, but instead providing some lighter weigh tools and process for achieving similar stability.    See http://www.w3.org/2013/04/vocabs for more on that.

     - Sandro